Tuesday, September 2, 2025

Preliminary-Skill audit #42

     Media Studies Skills Audit

Complete and reflect.

Skill Area

Confident / Good at this ✅

Need Improvement ⚡

Need to Learn 📘

Analyzing how camera shots/angles create meaning

x



Using editing techniques to create meaning

 

x


Understanding mise-en-scène (costume, setting, lighting, props)


x


Explaining how sound (diegetic, non-diegetic, motifs, bridges) contributes to meaning



x

Applying media theories (genre, audience, representation, institutions)



x

Researching and analyzing case studies of media texts


x


Planning and organizing production work (storyboards, shot lists, scripts)


x


Technical production skills (camera operation, lighting, editing software)


x


Writing critically (essays, textual analysis, blog posts)

x



Reflecting on progress and evaluating own work


x





Media Studies Technical Skills Audit

Complete and reflect

Technical Skill

Confident / Good at this ✅

Need Improvement ⚡

Need to Learn 📘

Using a camera (basic operation, focus, framing)

x



Understanding and applying camera settings (aperture, shutter speed, ISO, white balance)

x



Recording stable shots (tripod, handheld, tracking)


x


Using lighting equipment or natural light effectively


x


Recording clear sound (microphones, ambient control)

x



Importing and organizing media files

x



Using video editing software (cutting, sequencing, layering tracks)


x


Adding titles, text, and graphics


x


Adding and editing sound/music in post-production

x



Exporting final projects in correct formats


x




 Last year when I was a AS level student. I look back to certain things and say to myself I know this or I think I know this

pretty well and other things that I just know that I don't know. Since it's a new year there are things I can improve on.

Something like analyzing how camera shots and angles help create meaning I am confident that I understand pretty well

as well as adding and editing sound I am confident of my skill in that are however There are somethings I know I have

to Improve. Such as Using lighting equipment or the use of natural light because that can make my final result

for the project that I have to submit toward the end of the school year. Another thing that I need to improve

is recording more stability because I do not have a steady hands so the idea of using a tripod to maintain

my phone stable when recording is a good idea. So that the final result look better

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goodbye #78

It’s been a long two-year journey, starting at AS Level and working my way up to A Level. Officially, I can say this is the last blog I’ll w...