Final Credits
Hello, Today I wanted to research film credits due to one, and only one reason every good film has smooth film credits, and because of that I want the film credits for the film my group is creating to have great final credits that set it apart from the other films being produced.
My analysis of film credits reveals a set of strict codes and conventions that balance legal requirements, professional acknowledgment, and tonal setting for the product. In opening title sequences, typography, pacing, and composition are deeply intentional for instance, a thriller might use stark, sans-serif typefaces with a slow, deliberate crawl over unsettling imagery to build tension, while a romantic comedy might employ playful, handwritten fonts that appear rhythmically with the soundtrack to establish a lighthearted mood. Conversely, end credits are more standardized for legibility and thoroughness, typically employing a simple, scrolling sans-serif font like Helvetica or Avenir to clearly list the vast number of cast and crew, with legal information (such as copyright notices, music licensing details, and corporate logos) given prominent and placement at the very beginning or end of the scroll.
Example of Helvetica and Avernir fonts:
Helvetica:
Avernir:
example of credits in films:
In this case I wanted to show an actual example of a film credit in this case being abouth the movie Transformers Age of Extinction although old the movie uses a Avernir Fonts which matches with one of the examples I explored
Conclusion: At the end of the day the objective is for the credits to be neat and legible but most importantly is that they flow correctly which is done by working hard on my editing skills. However if I was to choose which of the example of the two fonts I have shown it would be Helvetica because in my personal opinion it matches with the genre of Drama in my opinion and looks nicer that Avenir.
Sources:
No comments:
Post a Comment